Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Komodo National Park Trip (Part 1)

Finally have time to sit in peace and write all the memories about my last trip around Komodo.

This trip was plan since almost a year until I finally got all ten people to filling and share the renting boat. I booked the boat since last year, by give 1 million "tanda jadi", a little bit gambling because only 3 friends which ready to join me and 4 including myself. Even Hans still not sure this will happen.



The preparation of the trip little bit crazy. Not me. Mostly girls thinks for beauty than function. Thinking about what to wear to look good in the pictures.Mostly friend of mine has no experience with outdoors, I have to convinced them to prepare good walking shoes, comfort and has grip to walk on the stony uphill, and what to wear to protect from the heat during snorkling. And I am happy they follow my advice. The only thing I can not say anything that Intan little bit worry that we will starving during boat trip. She bring with her lots of food, a luggage full with fried chicken, mpek mpek and bakso. I could not refuse, just enjoyed what she did.

I was arrived at Labuhan Bajo on 4th of Mei a day before the trip to see Daenk Noeardi the boat owner. Came along with me some friends coming from Semarang. The flight from Semarang have to arrive a day before so that the boat trip could start early. When I met Daenk Noeardi I was surprise to know that Daenk is a young guy. I was though that he is and old annoying guy, and I was completely wrong, he is young, funny and friendly guy. And he is reliable.

Day 1 trip, the trip was arrange base on the situation as that time was a long weekend where there's a lot of crowd of tourist in some places. So, our guide Mr Fauzi arrange the trip anti mainstream against the crowd and also base on the tide condition so that we could mooring the boat nicely not in the crowd. And our first visit is Bidadari Island. We was mooring at the other side of the island where there's no resort. It was beautiful white sandy beach, but we have to jump in the water to go to the beach and start snorkling.



The second place we visit is Kelor island. It is a small island with a very steep hill. Not so high but the way to the peak is really challenging. At beginning I doubted I could climb that hill, but slowly I step and step by step I could control my breath. A month workout is really useful for this trekking.

Rina friend from high school she got difficulties to climb up and the boys has to almost dragged her up. At the end she got it. She could reach almost at the top.


But, the view from the top is really pays off with all the hassle.



The next destination on day 1 is watching sun goes down near Kalong Island. We arrived near Kalong Island just before sunset. Quite and peaceful around us... some of us really tired because they arrived at Labuhan Bajo that morning just before the trip. Lack of sleep and exhausted from the heat during trekking in Kelor. Some Phinisi boat stay near us. I always love and admiring those beautiful schooner.

Right when the sun disappear in the West one bat the leader comes out from the mangrove, another one out. From one and two bat and become thousands.


And before it really dark we left the place to Loh Buaya at Rinca Island for the next day trip to see Komodo. We stay the first night in front of Loh Buaya gate.




No comments:

Post a Comment